Saturday, April 21, 2007

What a great weekend!

I took yesterday off. I had spring fever thinking of it being in the 60's and my boss told me to go ahead and take the day. It was gorgeous! I had already been outside awhile when Mr. F stopped by. He mows the lawn for us. He decided he should stop and pick up all the sticks that had fallen (I think he had a bit of spring fever as well.) I planned to pick up the sticks after I cleaned all the beds (I have my priorities!) At any rate, I was glad to see him. He worked on the sticks, I worked on the beds. There were times I was ready for a break but Mr. F wasn't budging, I offered him lunch and even a simple water break. Nope...he was fine. This man is in his 70's and wasn't budging. I was tired but he kept plugging along so I kept plugging along. He finally left after three hours! I am glad he came, he saved me a huge job! I went in and layed down for a minute (two hours later, one of the cats was walking across me seeming to ask if we were going back outside.) I was sore this morning but I finished the last bed up today. What a great feeling. I can't say it all looks great but everything is cleaned up and the plants are enjoying the sun. Everything was buried under leaves which was probably a good thing given the winter we had. There are all kinds of treasures coming up. It looks like the columbine and fever few took off so there will some extras for for Apples' bus fund raiser. I do have a plant that I don't recognize. It is either something that shouldn't be there or something that spread as there is some coming up in the middle of one of my peonies. I took a photo hoping someone would know what it is and if I should get it out of there asap or be glad I have something that's spreading. I am having problems with transfering photos from the camera. When I get a new read-writer, I will add it. If anyone knows what it is, I would definately appreciate it!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't this weather wonderful? One thing about all that snow...it makes us really appreciate warm sunshine when we finally get it.
    Sounds like you had fun outside. How nice to have help. What a sweet man to help you clean up. Picking up the sticks is an awful job.
    Thanks for visiting. It's very nice to "meet" you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that you say you took the day off.
    Then you worked for hours in your garden! That's the best kind of day off!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a day off last week too. I built two porch swings and repotted about a hundred plants. Funny thing is I felt good after doing all that work. Send Mr. F down here, I can use the help.

    ReplyDelete