Thursday, August 14, 2008

Wildflower Walk

A couple of weeks ago we all went to Country Girl's for our Mom's birthday party. One of the best things about going to her house is exploring. John and I headed off with Ron and the boys for a walk down to the creek.

View of CG's house from the field.


There were lots of butterflies along the way.


You never know what you'll find around the next bend.


I don't know what these are but the were very pretty!


Ron picked these along with some others for CG.


The boys enjoyed skippping stones but otherwise I don't think that they enjoyed the walk nearly as much as I did.


3 comments:

  1. What pretty pictures. I love the yellow butterfly on the thistle and, you are right, the creek looks like the perfect place for a boy to hang out. I bet it's gorgeous in the fall too. Maybe some day I will escape to the North.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mystery purple flower is:

    Purple Flowering Raspberry

    I guess I should respond with a post about your pretty purple. I just took some photos the other day of those and actually managed to find my 'first' berries. I found a huge patch of them but only one plant had set fruit.

    Stop by later and I'll have the photos up

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place to walk. Loved all your pictures, especially the creek. It looks so peaceful. Those rasberry flowers are gorgeous and the yellows are pretty too. Great pic of the butterflies! I was just saying to CG that it's been a year since your visit. Amazing how fast time flies! Sure would love it if we could get together again.
    The Golden Glow flowers will forever remind me of you two :)

    ReplyDelete