Sunday, April 8, 2007

Spring Showers?


When I was growing up Mom taught us all the saying she could like, "Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning, red sky at night, sailors delight." "If March comes in like a lamb, it goes out like a lion..." Then there is the one that went "April showers bring May flowers." I always thought the showers were supposed to be rain showers but these are my April showers.....I took this photo this morning. We were down to grass a couple days ago. We couldn't do the egg hunt outside this year...at least I didn't think Apple would go for it!

6 comments:

  1. You wouldn't even have to hard boil the eggs, CountryGirl - they'd be refrigerated out there!
    No snow here, but cold rain and 34ยบ last night, so we're not outside, either.

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, no, I wouldn't have been happy about chasing the kids around outside today! (And you might have been a tad upset if they'd trampled your plants hidden under the snow) ;) They had a great time hunting inside and I was quite relieved that nothing was broken in the search! The boys were thrilled to see Liz and Sprout enjoyed meeting Franklin.

    I don't think we're having spring this year or maybe it has just been postponed until summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what we woke up too also, CountryGirl. Easter sunrise services were cancelled at Red Rocks Amphitheater, because, as they said "There'll be no sunrise." And there was a lot of ice!

    Happy Easter anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our easter was cold as well and I had to like the stove to keep my little plants warm. Even though we didn't see the sunrise, we still had a wonderful day full of beauty and family. I hope yours was wonderful as well.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh!!!
    How disgusting!! I hope the Easter Bonnets had lots of de-icer upon it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a wonderful Easter despite the snow!

    ReplyDelete