Friday, May 18, 2007

Plant Swap

Our garden club had the spring plant exchange Wednesday night. I traded bee balm, blanket flower, foxglove and daylilies for these:
Variegated Miscanthus, Golden glow aka outhouse flower, Forget-me-nots and two that nobody could tell me the names of. I'll plant them and see what happens. I also got some bare root geraniums and some type of oriental lily. The fuchsia was onsale at the local discount grocery store. I love fuchsia but I almost always kill it. After reading this by Kerri I decided to try again this year.


The group also donated these plants for the bus fund-raiser.


The speaker Wednesday talked about Boldt Castle and the landscaping there. He brought a bleeding heart and told a story where he took a flower apart little by little to illustrate the story. My teeny-tiny plants have just started giving me teeny-tiny blooms this week. I haven't taken a Thousand Islands boat tour in years. After his talk I think I may just have to check out all of the improvements that have been made in the last few years.

2 comments:

  1. I got some forget me nots as well. Maybe between the two of us we will get some going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to take a Boldt Castle tour again. It's been over 20 years since I was there.

    ReplyDelete